Be sure to check the Yo! Calendar for more listings.
Monday, June 25th, 6:30pm-8pm, Mehndi, a temporary tattoo using henna, at the Public Library for Union County. All Materials provided. Register by calling the library 523-1172.
Tuesday, June 26th, 10:30am, Songs and Stories of Old Canal Days, Back by popular demand, Matthew Dodd appears as a canal boat captain regaling the audience of all ages with songs and stories about canal life in the early nineteenth century. Packwood House Museum’s Tour Center, 15 North Water Street in Lewisburg. All programs are free, but space is limited. Call the museum at 570-524-0323 to make reservations. The museum will provide all supplies; light refreshments will also be available.
Once again lots of local music continues throughout the week. You’ll find more details and a map to the locations on the Yo! Calendar.
- Tues., June 26th, 7:00pm – 8:30pm, Dawson, Cameron Park, Sunbury
- Wed., June 27th, 7:30pm, Music in the Park: Penn Central Wind Band, William Kenny, conductor, 14th annual Stars, Stripes, and Sousa!, Lewisburg, for more information, click here.
- Thurs., June 28th, 6pm, Deuce and the Hot Mess, Selinsgrove Commons, corner of Market & Pine Sts
- Thurs., June 28th, 6:30pm, Mcnett Country Band, Milton, Lincoln Park, Front & Broadway Sts
- Thurs., June 28th, 7pm, KJ & Sweet Nothings, Music in the Park, Mifflinburg Town Park
- Fri., June 29th, 7pm – 10pm, Lewisburg Independence Day Celebration, 7:00 pm, Big Band Concert featuring Seasoned Sounds, 9:00 PM Fireworks Extravaganza, both events held at Wolfe Field, Lewisburg (Rain date: Sunday, July 1st)
- Sat., June 30th, 7pm – 9pm, The Milton Area Community Band, Central Oak Heights, West Milton
Friday, June 29th, 4-7pm, Open Farm Night at Owens Farm, Sunbury. Explore the farm at your own pace, pick‐your‐own flower bouquets, buy fresh spring honey from Owens beehives. Owens Farm is a 112‐acre farm and is home to Coopworth and Katahdin sheep, pastured Tamworth pigs, pastured chickens, horses, border collies, and honeybees. Friday Open Farm will be offered June through August. Horsedrawn wagon rides offered.
Saturday, June 30th, 10am, 18th Annual Union County Veterans 4th of July Parade, Lewisburg. Click here for more information.
Saturday, June 30th, 10pm, Revered Blue Jeans (RBJ), The Bull Run Inn, see Reverend Blue Jean Fifth Annual Jam Yo! post for more details.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Friday, July 6th, 7 pm, Blues Guitarist John Hammond, Campus Theatre, downtown Lewisburg. Bucknell University hosts legendary blues musician John Hammond as part of the Lewisburg Downtown Partnership’s First Friday festivities. Downtown Lewisburg will be celebrating the first Friday of every month with a variety of events from now through the end of the year. For more information about future programming at the Weis Center for the Performing Arts, go to www.facebook.com/WeisCenter or www.bucknell.edu/WeisCenter.
For more details about the above events and for more event listings, see the calendar as well as the community bulletin board. Ongoing events (weekly music gigs, art shows, meetings, etc.) are listed under their appropriate headings in the Local Resource Directory section on the right side bar.